Thursday, June 9, 2011

Multipurpose blog?

A friend of mine had a similar post, and it got me to thinking...I should maybe start blogging about more than just my kids. As cute and sweet and dear to me as they are, they don't COMPLETELY define ME. I mean, a huge piece, and some days are ALL about them, yes...but there are some other things that make up me. Shocking, I know, since I have a whole gaggle of them...

So, let's just start with what I am doing right now...VBS. A girl at work called it Vacation Bible Study one time, which made me laugh, but it's really Vacation Bible SCHOOL. You might say "Christi, that's STILL all about your kids!!!", but it's not. I started leading the music before I earned the title of Mom. It's something I LOVE to do. I love music. I love kids. I love teaching. I love dancing the VBS way. I love serving. So, I love *IT*.

It's been a great week of watching the kidlets learn that God is wild about us!!!! woo hoo!!!!!! And it's been more than just music. They spent yesterday inside the belly of a whale. It was squishy and smelly and wet. Really, it really really was. Today, they hid out from Roman soldiers. One little girl was concerned if any other kids had been found, and wanted a full report, tomorrow, about if anyone got found out after her. Today, the kids tie dyed backpacks that will be paired with Bibles and sent to another country to kids. It's all about making it real for the kids, and that, I believe, we have done. THANK YOU GOD!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for the multi purpose blog! And I would PLEASE love to see you dance "The VBS Way"!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do believe a you-tube post of your fancy foot moves is due.

    I'm glad you're going for multi-topics!!! It's fun...you can expand on your FB posts...turn them into short stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay.. christi, and I am sure I will get to endure at some point the singing and dancing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your passion for VBS. This will be my kids first year attending VBS in Eudora ... and I can hardly wait to see the excitement through their eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete