6 years ago
Friday, February 12, 2010
Valentine's Day Boxes
Ah, yes, I dreaded them, but alas, they turned out pretty darned cool, if I might say so myself. I really cannot take any credit for the creativity. Jimmy and the kids planned them out and collected everything from the boxes right down to the smallest detail. He helped the kids paint them, and helped Landen arrange and secure everything on the top of his. It's a campground. I have to say, I was very impressed by the outcome.
And Landen was impressed, too. When we walked into his classroom, the kids were all ooooooing and ahhhhing, and he was playing it cool, putting away his jacket. I whispered in his ear "I think they think it's pretty cool" and he gave me his coolest smirk.
Lily got a rose from her Daddy, at school. She loved it...until somebody got balloons and candy from a parent. I arrived toward the end of the party to see Lily pouting at her desk. When I asked her what was wrong, she melted into a big, pink pile of sobbing goo that I certainly could not understand. It took at least seven repeats for me to even begin to decipher what the problem was. I thought maybe a small animal had come out of nowhere and gnawed her feet off. Or maybe every single kid had just marched past her desk and spit in her hair. It seemed terribly urgent and horribly awful. But, alas, she wanted balloons. My tender-hearted angel...
Lil's castle box. It's hard to see the detail, but Daddy helped create it, also. Hey, I helped peel the paper off the backs of the glittery stickers. It was a lot of work! All in all, I think the kids had great Valentine's Day parties, and are now at Grandma's house, enjoying all the sugary bliss of their candy collections.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ya just gotta look out for those small gnawing animals! That is hilarious Christi! Now you'll have to tell Jimmy that he's set a standard for Valentine's boxes that must be outdone each and every year...times three. Muhahaha!
ReplyDelete