I know my pictures probably won't do it justice, but wow...it is so picturesque, here. Even though there hasn't been a Sonic in sight, and barely even a fountain drink period, it's pretty awesome. It truly is like taking a step back in time. It feels like we're in a movie.
We walked from our apartment to Perkins Cove...it only took us about five minutes and was a very pretty walk. I did a little self-portrait in front of the ocean.

To get into Perkins Cove, we had to cross a foot bridge. And the foot bridge just happens to go up if a tall boat needs to come through. We have pondered what would happen if you were in the middle of the bridge and somebody hit the button to raise it. And, as it turns out, in fact any adult can push the button! Just a little scary...

I took these pictures along the Marginal Way, which is a foot path high along the water's edge. The area in the background is Perkins Cove.

I will never grow tired of watching the waves.

We had crab patty sandwiches at the Lobster Shack. Very yummy.

When we went to the Bahamas when Landen was 7 months old, we drew "We *heart* U Landen" in the sand, took a picture, and blew it up for his wall. We attempted to do the same thing for Lil' and Lawson, but the sand in this particular spot was too wet. We'll have another chance.
Love your posts on Maine! Looks like a wonderful place to visit, though I feel sorry for you after the rough boat ride! Eric did the same thing in San Deigo on our ocean kayak adventure. I thought he was back there looking reeeally close at the fish. Ugh!
ReplyDelete