My 3rd and final installment for my eldest. :)
2009 was a good year for Landen. He, too, had some fun firsts...he learned to go off the diving board at the pool, became among the "big kids" at his school, and turned 7. He can drive lawn mowers and dirt bikes with the best of them, and is just an all around fun kid (when he's not bugging his sister!).
Speaking of being a "fun kid", it was his idea to break the leftover flour-filled balloons, from the fall PTO carnival.

We took a few days to go to Branson. He of course had to call Grandma.

We spent some time at the local carnival. I believe he and Lily were waiting to ride a "zipper" type ride, for the first time. Lil' loved it. Landen looked mortified!

There were farm animals at our VBS. Landen is a lover of all things four-legged and furry. :)

Landen lost a LOT of teeth last year. This one was obviously fresh...his empty tooth socket remains bloody. Whoops!

Our kids love going to our local airport for barbecue. Watching the airplanes land and take off is probably the real love.

Landen celebrated his 7th birthday at Monkey Bizness. He really had a great time climbing the rock wall. It was a fun party!

Landen went through a time where he was obcessed with moustaches. He got a couple out of quarter machines around town. He decided to make his own, involving crayoles and scotch tape, as evidenced in this shot.

Landen had his first broken bone...the left side of his collar bone. I didn't witness the accident, but I believe it was an Evil Knievel type move, involving ramping his bike, and him flying over the handle bars. He went several days before we realized it was broken. I think a soccer game is what finally did him in. Not that you ever want a broken bone, but I do have to say, the recovery was a non event. He wore a figure-8 brace, which you can see in this picture. It barely slowed him down. He had to sit out of PE as a precaution, but continued to ride his bike and play among the best of them!

As I said, he loves to drive lawn mowers. He thinks he's pretty cool on Dad's zero-turn. And, I must say, he has better control than I do with the silly thing!

Christmas is always tons of fun. Landen was putting food out for the reindeer in the middle of a heavy snowfall on Christmas Eve!

Santa was good to Landen...brought him a Nintendo DS. This is what we saw for a couple weeks. Thankfully, the new has worn off.

This is one of my favorite shots of Landen, from 2009, with a bit of a twist on the color. It's hard to believe Landen is pushing 8...time flies.
No comments:
Post a Comment