Friday, July 24, 2009

Big day at the pool, today


My almost 7 year old...it seems like just yesterday he was wearing diapers, eating pureed chicken and apples, crying when I left his sight, and sucking on a binky. Yeah, do you want to know what he did today? He walked away from me, climbed up on a fiberglass, blue plank, and plummeted into 13 feet of water...you got it, he took his first plunge off the diving board. And not only did he jump from about 3 or 4 feet...no, that wasn't good enough for him. He immediately wanted to jump off the dreaded high dive. I never thought I would consent to allowing my 6 year old baby to do such a thing, but I did. And, of course, he never missed a beat. He blinked his eyes once, then jumped. It was truly a big, big day for us both.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still too much of a chicken to go off the high dive :) Good for Landen! (and mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I am impressed. Great job Landen. -Teresa

    ReplyDelete