Naptime, today, marks the second time little Joshie has been to bed sans binks. However, it was completely by accident…definitely not planned on my part, or his.I went to get his binkies from the cabinet where we keep them between bedtimes, and noticed one looked like it had bubbles inside the silicone. I squeezed it, only to realize that there in fact were not any bubbles. No, they were chew marks! All three binkies had fierce chew marks and were nearly chewed off the plastic! If this isn’t a sign that it’s time to kick the binkies to the curb, I’m not sure what is! But of course, being bedtime, a little panic and fear raced through me. We had always said when these were gone, they were gone for good. Man, aren't we such strict parents to our nearly 28-month old??? Nothing but school of hard knocks here.
So, I showed the binkies to Lawson and said "You chewed them up, they're broken." He looked a tad puzzled, as if he thought the binkies were invincible, and said "Day bwoken? I buy mo at Wah-mot?" Ah, good plan son. I told him that we couldn't buy more at Wal-Mart, that he would just have to be a big boy without a binky now and hug his moosey during bedtime. Crazily enough, he stayed in his bed until I went to get him around 9 this morning. Of course, we had a similar conversation prior to naptime today, that started with "Weh binkies, Momma?"
Which brings me to why he still slept with his binkies. He was, and remains, such a good sleeper! He would stay in his bed in the mornings and suck on his binkies, because that was the only time he got with them. Every guy needs some quality binky time, right? Well, I guess last night and this morning proved that theory to be bust.
Really, I guess maybe I was just trying to keep him as my baby a little longer. He got so excited when we went to the cabinet and loved going to bed, and I didn't want to upset that.
The picture at the top of this post is from about a year ago, and will remain one of my favorites of all time. The one below is our crazy, 2-year old, Lawson Joshie...now forever without his binky buddies. I really think he will be just fine.
yeah for lawson! we really pushed it for noah- and i regretted it in the end. now i've decided for little miss that she {within reason, of course} can have it IN BED until she's done. it's amazing what the second kiddo 'gets' to do!
ReplyDelete